Schedule of Trainings and Seminars
May 20, 2019
May 22, 2019
Process Optimization through Design of Experiments (DOE) with computer
Type of Course Module
intermediate Course Module
Quality and productivity improvements are most effective when they become integral parts of the product and process development cycle. The formal introduction of design of experiments is often the key to overall product success which includes designing new products, improving existing product designs and optimizing manufacturing processes. The effective use of sound statistical experimental design can lead to products that are easier to manufacture, have high reliability and have enhanced field performance. Moreover, the use of design of experiments will enhance process development and troubleshooting activities.
The effective use of sound statistical experimental design can lead to products that are easier to manufacture, have high reliability and have enhanced field performance. Moreover, the use of design of experiments will improve process development and troubleshooting activities.
This seminar aims to enable the participants to:
• Understand the usefulness of process development and troubleshooting
• Identify the magnitude and direction of important process variable effects
• Reduce the number of runs required to perform an experiment
• Determine the interaction among process variables
• Apply various techniques useful in engineering design and development
• Focus on optimizing process performance
I. Introduction to the Course
II. Fundamental Statistics
III. Experiment Planning Strategy
IV. Factorial Designs
V. Screening Designs
VI. Response Surface Design
• Workshop on actual experiment
• Use of computer software for experimental design. PTTC will provide a computer for each participant.