The Philippine Constitution laid down the basis for the basic human right of privacy in information. Republic Act (RA) 10173, or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA), enforces data privacy protection in the Philippines to ensure transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality in data collection and processing.
This law serves the following purposes:
- It protects the privacy of individuals while making sure of free flow of information to promote innovation and growth;
- It regulates the collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking, erasure or destruction of personal data;
- It makes sure that the Philippines is compliant with international standards set for data protection through the National Privacy Commission (NPC).
The Philippine Trade Training Center – Global MSME Academy is committed to protect and respect your personal data privacy. We are at the forefront of not only implementing but complying with the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
What kind of personal information does the Center collect?
We collect the following personal information from you when you register to our training programs both online and face-to-face.
- full name, gender, educational background, occupation, designation, email address, religious orientation, information if a person is/are Person with Disability, Contact numbers, Business profile information such as, Company/Organization Name, Company Address, Company website, Company Size, Product Lines.
How do we collect personal information?
- PTTC-GMEA will generally collect, acquire or generate personal information held about a participant by way of forms filled out (both online and printed formats). All PTTC-GMEA personnel carrying out the collection process are fully trained and provided with the necessary tools, forms and assistance to fully safeguard the collection process and its compliance with the requirements of the DPA of 2012.
- We may also collect, acquired and generate personal information in other forms, such as but not limited to, photos and video images, digital material, recording from webinars.
- When participant attends webinar, third party service providers automatically record information that the participants’ browser sends whenever she/he visit a website, such as data subject/s’ server address, top level domain name (e.g., .com, .gov, .ph, etc), date and time of visit to the site, pages accessed and documents viewed, previous sites visited, browser type, browser language, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Who uses the information?
Personal data collected shall be used by PTTC-GMEA for documentation and reporting purposes both internal and for partner agencies related to PTTC-GMEA’s existing projects, for developmental tracking purposes of PTTC-GMEA’s different pathway programs, and for the proper maintenance and monitoring of services by participants. Any re-use of personal data shall not be allowed without a legal basis or expressed consent of the data subject.
How long will PTTC-GMEA retain your information?
PTTC-GMEA will retain data subject’s personal information indefinitely for historical and statistical purposes. In cases where a retention period is required by law, all records after such period will be duly and securely disposed of.
Security of personal information
PTTC-GMEA staff are required to respect the confidentiality of data subject/s’ personal information and the privacy of individuals.
The agency has in place steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure by use of various methods including password access rights to computerized records.
What are the rights with respect to your information?
- Under relevant Philippine laws and rules and regulations, data subject/s may object to the processing of her/his personal data, have the right to obtain access to any personal information which the Center holds about the data subject and to advise the Center of any perceived inaccuracy.
- Data subject/s may request to access her/his personal information, and/or have it corrected, erased, or blocked on reasonable grounds. The Center reserves the right to deal with the matter in accordance with law.
- Data subject/s will generally be able to access and correct or update their personal information through the Center’s Data Privacy Officer.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, as well as to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. To do so, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Mr. Rolan A. Ynion, through the following email address: email@example.com. or at tel. no. : 8833-7403.
Back on top…